Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Jett

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Turning Blue Ceremony







On Thursday I went to the Turning Blue Ceremony for Jordan's company. For those of you who don't know what Jordan does, he is an Executive Officer for a Basic Training company at Fort Benning. Jordan's job is basically all of the paperwork and organization for the company. The soldiers Jordan's company gets are those who have decided to enlist in the Army and have chosen the infantry for their branch within the US Army. The Turning Blue ceremony is the day before these soldiers grauate from basic training and from what I understand represents their admittance into the infantry. They receive a blue cord, which represents the infantry (light blue is infantry, whether it is a light blue flag or the cord). They wear this cord on dress uniforms. I will post a picture of Jordan's uniform so you can see the light blue cord to understand what I mean. The ceremony was really neat! All the parents are there and they get to put the cord on their soldier for the first time. If you ever get a chance to go to a ceremony like this or some sort of graduation you really should! It is really emotional and you can see how proud the parents and loved ones are!

No comments:

Post a Comment