Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Jett

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 29, 2010

Fill Day











Today, Jordan's company got their new class of soldiers, and I got to go out and watch what goes on. Today is not a good day for them. The minute they stepped off the bus they were getting yelled at. The Drill Sergeants are the ones that do all of the yelling, and they are the ones that wear the big hats that have the bill going all the way around. I'm not sure what they call them (there is an acronym for everything in the Army so I'm sure it is named some acronym).

The first two pictures are of this poor kid who walked on the painted concrete you can see there in the picture. They are not supposed to do this so that drill sergeant picked him up and carried him off of the concrete. You can see Jordan there in the first picture. He is the one in the bottom left. The 3rd picture is of another kid getting yelled at by 4 Drill Sergeants at once, they are surrounding him. And then that is Jordan there to the left again, and the 1st Sergeant in the black beret. Wouldn't you love to know what that kid was thinking right then?! It kind of looks like Jordan might be laughing there. The second to last picture is when they have to run one at a time up that sidewalk from the field below. Jordan says they usually have a few that are so nervous they just eat it on the concrete but no such luck today! The last picture right here is the right after they had arrived and got off the buses. They had to hold thier bags up in the air for quite a while. And the poor kid you can see there has a red piece of luggage that has wheels on it. Not a good idea. It was a big target for the Drill Sergeants. I heard what they yelled to him about it but I will not repeat it here!

I took a few videos too. I will see if I can figure out how to put them in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment