I had the pleasure of going to my first swap meet a few weeks ago! Nanny and Grandad were at the swap meet in
Chickasha, OK selling some of
Grandad's old model-t parts so my dad and I drove up there to see them (it's only a few hours to there
opposed to 5 1/2 to Amarillo to see them). It's kind of hard to describe-there's just a bunch of parts everywhere! This swap meet was mostly auto stuff and it had to be
preWWII (I think I'm remembering that correctly). To someone like me, it just looks like junk but to Grandad and the others out there it's stuff they need for
their hobbies. Grandad had already sold a bunch of stuff by the time we got there. It was really good to see Nanny and Grandad! Here's a list of some funny, neat, or odd things my dad and I saw:
- A man with an unusual hat: The visor part was normal, but the part that goes over your head was fake spikey, highlighted hair! haha
- We saw lots of people with signs attached to them reading something like this: Wanted-1864 blah blah or whatever part they wanted. It was pretty funny.
- We saw some really neat old, redone gas pumps. They were in fantastic shape and cost about $25,000! I found this picture on the Internet just to show you what I mean. Similar to this but the ones at the swap meet were a lot better looking.

- A sign that read: Public Swimming: Whites Only. We couldn't believe there was still stuff out there like that and that someone was selling it!
Nanny and me
Grandad's trailer full of stuff to sell
Dad, Nanny, Grandad
No comments:
Post a Comment