Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Jett

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Outdoor Curtains

I had been really wanting some outdoor curtains to provide some much needed shade for our back porch, but I really didn't want to spend much on them (the ones I really wanted were at Pottery Barn and total it would have cost me over $200!). Anyways, I decided to make my own. I got the idea off of Pinterest and added my own touch. I don't have a sewing machine so I used this iron-on hem product called Stitch Witchery. It worked really well although we will see how long it lasts! I'd like to learn how to sew, but that's for another day :) Anyways, I used burlap and then the blue pattern is a duck cloth. The burlap has actually worked perfectly because it still allows a breeze through and it blocks enough sun to provide some relief. The sun sets behind our backyard so in the afternoon it had been getting really hot right by our backdoor since I don't have anything over the window. These curtains have helped tremendously! The total cost was only about $35!



1 comment: