

So Jordan and I finished our 2nd homebrew just in time for Thanksgiving. We tried an Oktoberfest beer this time. The first time we tried it we did an American Ale. I like the American Ale better but Jordan likes the Oktoberfest better. Of course! There are so many different kinds to try so we have a lot more to do! It is really fun making your own beer so I suggest it for anyone that enjoys good beer! It is way more flavorful than kinds you can buy. It is pretty easy too. Of course you can make it harder by putting in the ingredients and hops seperately but so far Jordan and I just buy the kits that have all the ingredients already put together. Anyways, I took some pictures so here they are. The 1st picture is when we transferred it to the tub with the spicket so we could bottle it. The second picture is when it sits and ferments. The fermenting process kind of makes a mess as you can see. I think it is less of a mess if you get a glass tub (called a carboyle I think) instead of a plastic bucket. It also usually smells really awful but this Oktoberfest smelled like fresh baking bread!



No comments:
Post a Comment