Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Jett

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pinning Ceremony






















Well, Jordan is officially a 1st Lieutenant! The battalion commander did the pinning today. All of the drill sergeants came so there were more people there than I thought there would be. I got to take off the old patch that goes on his chest and put the new one. You are supposed to punch it after you put the new one on so the blurred picture is me punching him, ha! Then the commander put the new one on his beret. He got a signed document from the U.S. President (that is what is in the frame). The commander made a short speech and that was basically it. He said Jordan was not a "butterbar" anymore. I guess that is kind of a deragatory term they use for 2nd Lieutenants since the insignia is a yellow/gold bar (see my post below). The army has very odd and strange culture!

No comments:

Post a Comment